You may wonder which is the best pork to barbecue and at Josep Llorens, as experts in the sector, we will explain the characteristics of each part of this animal so that you can choose the one you like best.
What parts of the Iberian pig are best for the barbecue?
It is necessary to emphasise that Iberian pork is of the highest quality and especially tasty. The taste is totally different from other types of pork thanks to the streaks of fat that give it optimum juiciness.
Of course, bacon, sausages and blood sausage are basic elements of a barbecue, but they are not the choicest. Next, we point out the best and tastiest pork products for you to consider at your next gatherings with friends or family:
– Iberian cheek is found on both sides of the lower jaws and is characterised by very lean meat.
– Secreto Iberico (“Iberian secret”) is found at the top of the animal’s skirt and is an exquisite dish for the palate. It is one of the most successful meats when it comes to barbecuing, so we’re convinced you won’t be able to resist its charms.
– Presa Ibérica is located next to the shoulder and forms part of the front of the back. It is considered to be a very nutritious, tasty meat with a very good texture.
– Pluma ibérica is located at the rear of the animal’s back. It is a very tender meat and contains almost no fat, only intramuscular marbling.
– Iberian ribs combine lean and fatty meat, and by charcoal grilling them you are sure to love their smoky flavour.
Josep Llorens are pleased to provide you with this information so that you can buy meat knowing where it comes from and its general characteristics.