Iberian ham is a food enjoyed by almost everyone. However, our company, Josep Llorens, has received a lot of questions about whether eating it regularly is advisable for people who don’t want to put on weight. We reveal all the virtues of this food, unique in the world, below.
Does Iberian ham make you fat?
No, and it’s not we who say this but numerous nutrition professionals, who confirm that this food is much healthier than what it is usually claimed it to be. The experts declare that 50 grams of Iberian ham:
· Provide between 100 and 150 calories.
· Contain animal proteins essential for the correct functioning of the human body.
· Its fat has a high oleic content that increases good cholesterol and reduces bad cholesterol.
Other important properties of Iberian ham
Having confirmed that eating it in moderation doesn’t make you put on weight, it’s a good idea to list the different properties that will improve your health while you enjoy this product:
· It provides significant amounts of vitamins B1 and B2. The vitamin E it contains is essential for reinforcing the immune system, owing to its antioxidants.
· It contains minerals essential for the body, such as iron, zinc and magnesium. It is suitable for people of all ages.
· It is good for your digestion. This kind of ham helps the digestive system, which hardly has to make any effort to benefit from all its nutrients.
· It decreases the levels of uric acid.
· It improves cardiovascular health as a result of its healthy fat content.
As you’ve seen, Iberian ham can and should form part of any healthy diet. Forget the clichés and unproven claims and enjoy it without any hang-ups. You’re sure to feel better as you harness all its properties.